Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hunter's Moon Over Foliage

So it was my sister's birthday this past Tuesday and we were supposed to go to my parents' house for her birthday dinner at 6:00pm.  As usual I thought we could get going with the exact amount of time it would take us to get there.  Not sure if that sentence makes sense.  Anyhow, of course we had to wrestle one or more of the kids and then realized we were almost on "E" in the van and had to stop, then figure out how we were going to pay for the gas, and then we finally got to the main road before the town they live in.  As we were turning one of the many curvy corners on Westford-Milton Road we were greeted with this scene:



Or at least I was.  I am not sure anyone else was looking until I started shouting and spazzing.  I took the above photo through the car windshield.  The mountains are the Green Mountains for anyone unfamiliar with Vermont's topography.



I made my husband pull over (I hate driving because then I can't take pictures like a brainless dog hanging my head out the window) at a school bus depot that you can see in the bottom of the first picture.  I knew we would be a few minutes later to the party but my family  knows me pretty well by now and they understand I can't pass something like this up.  I'm that obsessed.

For names of the Full Moons each month click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment