Saturday, October 15, 2011

Supernumeraries Make Me Happy

Today was a day of partly sun and partly windy, driving, cold rain!  We tried to go for a walk in the woods in Milton but the baseball field you have to walk across to get there was completely saturated from the 1"+ of rain we got over Friday night!  So we axed that idea and as we were walking back we looked up and saw a frightening scene:


Yeah it was pretty much going to torrentially downpour on us and there was nothing we could do about it.  I tucked my camera inside my purse and we started speed walking!

We got home just as the rain was ending, of course.  There was a faint rainbow, but nothing to write home about.  I sat down and started looking at some of the other pics I took from earlier in the day.  At about 5:40pm my husband looked out the front door and said "Ooh hon you should take a pic of that" so I grabbed my camera and ran out...into the pouring rain!  "Coulda warned me first that it was freaking raining!!!" I said and ran back inside.  I took this pic of the West:


Pretty yes, but nothing to ruin my camera over!  I said "I bet there's a rainbow somewhere..." and he ran to the back door which of course faces East.  "OOH HON its out here!" so I hurdled some stuff and ran out the back.  It was still raining pretty good but worth it!


This one is a panorama built with three images.  There is a double rainbow but I need a wide angle lens to get that in!


Surreal brightness


Landing on the hills behind my house :)

This rainbow only lasted about 2 minutes at its peak.  That is why it is deserving of a blog post all its own because if I didn't have my camera permanently glued to my shoulder I probably would have missed it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Better post a way so I can follow, home-skillet.

    Loved the rainbows!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ya mean...you can't follow it?? hmmm what is it doing?

    ReplyDelete